Friday, August 12, 2011


Today was my last day at work.
I've been helping my dad all summer, working full time at his small shipping & printing store.
Since it's a small shop, most people that entered the store were regular customers.
So I got to know a few people..

First of all, the UPS guy.
He would always come in around 4 p.m., whistling away some unknown tune, 
and tease my dad, telling him to stop slacking off.  He was always fun to talk to.
He has a son that's the same age as me, and once asked,
"Wanna date a bum? You should date my son!"
Then a few days later, he told my dad, "Hey- we should marry off our children!"
Slightly awkward conversation.

Then there's Simon, who came to the store almost everyday to make some copies.
He's the only person that asked for my name and remembered to call me by it.
He always decided his own payment, regardless of the actual price.

Then there's a Hawaiian guy that always asked my dad to buy him some Korean BBQ.
He would say, "I don't have work tomorrow! Let's meet at 5 o'clock and eat!"
and my dad would say okay, but they never actually followed up with the plan.


Another guy, with a mustache that looked incredibly fake, stopped by occasionally,
and asked me to type up a few pages of hand-written notes.
He had the worst handwriting I had ever seen.

I'll probably end up working again whenever I'm home for an extended period of time,
and I'll see the same old customers, asking for the same old things.
It will be like I was never gone in the first place.