Wednesday, November 7, 2012

 
 
I don't post political statuses on facebook because I hate getting involved in a political argument
that has no intention of yielding or understanding. 
But this is my blog, and this is why I would have voted Obama if I could. 
 
I'm a Catholic, but religion does not equal politics. 
Social issues like abortion and gay marriage are not, in my opinion, something that should be regulated by the government, because people are people.  No matter what. 
Getting an abortion or marrying the same sex doesn't make a person any less human, and people matter. 
 
I can't ignore immigration issues, because I am at the heart of it. 
I've experienced friends and family member being marked as "illegal,"
despite the circumstances that had shaped them into an unofficial American citizen. 
When you have been forced to be separated from your family members,
because there wasn't a solution or even an attempt to reform the immigration laws,  it matters. 
 
I don't have a medical insurance, because my family can't afford to pay one for me at the moment. 
When you have refrained from playing sports, not in the fear of getting hurt,
but the fear of the medical bill and how that might impact your familiy, healthcare matters. 
 
Obama is not perfect, and as some people say, he may just be the lesser evil of the two. 
I also think that his first 4-year term was nowhere near the high hopes and expectations that people had marked into their ballots in 2008. 
However, I still have hope. 
And hope matters. 
 
Obama 2012.