Monday, March 12, 2012


KONY 2012.  
Here's what I think.  
I think that watching a 30 minute video is definitely not sufficient enough
 to know all the facts there are to an issue.  
I wonder if some of the kids and the celebrities that are supporting 
the Invisible Children even realize that Kony (and L.R.A.) has not been active in Uganda for years.
I'm not saying that it's a bad thing for young people to be aware of a global issue,
and I'm not calling those people who posted about Kony on facebook or twitter stupid.
I just think that there is a need for us to become even more aware, 
and be careful about what type and how much information we decide to digest.  
It's so easy for us to jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd;
I've definitely done that before without really knowing what I'm doing.
One can always care for an issue or a cause,
but we first have make sure that the issue/cause really is what we think it is.

Oh, and on a random/funny note,
some kid actually thought that Kony was running for president.  
I guess it's true that if you don't really know anything about the issue,
the Kony campaign sign looks like a presidential campaign sign.